Social Media Manager Level: Sub-Committee (Marketing)
Reporting to: Marketing Co-ordinator (MC)
Background - This role has been created because of the plans which were agreed by the Committee in 2021, to relaunch the Club as MARLBOROUGH RUGBY which happened last September. Also, to help firmly establish it as one who welcomes all, is part of the local community and one which inspires and excels in the sport of rugby. This role remains pivotal in continuing the success from last year’s relaunch of the Club.
Whilst this is a volunteer/unpaid role, the Club is immensely grateful to all our volunteers and may offer legitimate expenses (depending on the role) plus a range of Club and Club sponsor discounts, by way of a ‘big thank you’ for your time.
Objective 1. To develop co-ordinated strategies and activity across the Club’s current social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- To ensure all social media content reflects the Club’s “Common Values” – Welcome | Inspire | Excel – and promotes the Club’s key messages accordingly.
Key aspects of the role
- To co-ordinate all the social media activity for the Club.
- To regularly post creatively presented organic content for the above, in line with agreed templates to ensure consistent messages are communicated and tags/hashtags (including sponsors) used.
- To put together an annual social media content plan/advance schedule, in conjunction with the Marketing Co-ordinator. The content to be a mix generated by the Club’s Media & Website editor and Newsletter editors; as well as the coaches, match reporters (for match results and reports, requiring same day posting), Individual Club Event Managers and Sponsorship team.
- To encourage and maximise the use of images and video supplied by the Monday Players Coaches and a team of volunteer Match Reporters.
- To take your own images and video for posting - to promote other club news and updates on its social media platforms.
- To share third-party content where these are consistent with the Club key messages/objectives and to support sponsors etc.
- To ensure the Club’s social media content complies with regulation regarding the featuring of children.
- To attend regular bi-monthly Marketing Sub-Committee meetings.
- To hold and control the use of the MRFC logins, along with the Marketing Sub-Committee.
Is this role for you?
YES, if you….
- Have a sound understanding, and love, of the game.
- Buy into the Club’s vision for the future.
- Have strong and current social media knowledge and experience across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Have good video and digital skills.
- Have access to the necessary mobile technology.
- Are efficient and meticulous with attention to detail.
This would suit someone looking to demonstrate their skills for college/course work or someone who already works in this area and would like to get more involved with the Club.